Technical Support Coordinator
Category : IT Help Desk
Location/City : MA - Chicopee
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Technical Support Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for technical support requests from faculty, staff, and students. Provides first-level technical support to users via telephone, email, or in person at the help desk. Coordinates the resolution process, escalates issues to the appropriate IT staff member, and follows up to ensure issues are satisfactorily resolved.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Acts as the primary point of contact for technical support at the help desk.
- Monitors all phone calls and tickets, responds appropriately to user support requests and problems. Logs support requests from phone calls and walk-ins.
- Performs initial problem analysis and advises users on appropriate action.
- Escalates tickets to IT staff when necessary, tracks and documents problems, maintains customer contact from initial call through to satisfactory closure.
- Work collaboratively with IT staff to prioritize and assign responsibility for requests received by the help desk.
- Coordinate the work of student lab monitors to provide effective support to students using the academic computing labs. Other duties as may be assigned.
- Assists Media Services team, provides support for online classes one evening per week.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent technical training.
- 1-2 years’ experience with technical customer service in a help desk environment.
- Experience working in and supporting a Windows networked environment, knowledge of Active Directory, LAN/WLAN technologies, networked printers, demonstrated computer proficiency with Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office 2013/16, online ticketing systems and video conferencing technology.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (writing, speaking), organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. ?
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, able to manage time efficiently and effectively, and respond to Help Desk Requests in a courteous, prompt manner. ?
- Knowledge of and willingness to stay current with and continue learning about IT trends, practices, software/hardware developments and applications. ?
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as on teams, and to manage multiple, competing requests and deadlines. ?
- Ability to process and maintain strict confidentiality regarding employee, student/family records and data. ?
- Ability to use tact, discretion and diplomacy in responding to help desk requests and in providing technical assistance to faculty, staff, and students.