Category : IT Systems Administration
Location/City : MA - Agawam
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, enhancement, development and installation of the data center hypervisor, compute, storage, backup, and replication infrastructure within the company and all designated customer locations. This position will require technical expertise, solid troubleshooting and vendor management skills. The incumbent will also be involved in providing daytime and rotational off-hour support as needed and is expected to work at the highest level of activities within designated role.
- Act as a subject matter expert for one or more of the following systems:
- Manage and maintain our existing hypervisor software solution: VMware vSphere (including ESXi, vCenter, vROPs). This includes installing, upgrading, securing, implementing new features, researching best practices, developing process improvements, and patching.
- Manage and maintain our existing compute solution: Cisco UCS, Nutanix, and HPE HC380. This includes installing, upgrading, securing, configuring, recommending capacity upgrades, and researching best practices.
- Manage and maintain our existing storage solution: HPE 3PAR, EMC VNX, and VMware VSAN. This includes expanding LUNs/datastores, monitoring performance, recommending capacity upgrades, researching best practices, and patching.
- Manage and maintain our existing backup solution: EMC Avamar, DataDomain, Networker and Rubrik. This includes installing, configuring, scheduling, capacity planning, validating, and monitoring (including replication).
- Manage and maintain our existing replication solution: Zerto. This includes installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring, DR site capacity planning, and working with our Risk Department for DR test validation.
- Act as a mentor to other members on the team.
- Design and architect new solutions within the environment using existing or new software and/or hardware.
- Act as third level support to assist in monitoring and troubleshooting operating systems, networks, database environments, and communications infrastructure.
- Share responsibilities related to data center facilities maintenance and testing (HVAC, alarm, fire suppression, UPS).
- Provide on-call and backup support for existing systems and functions
- Keep up with new and emerging technologies.
- Continually review the environment and recommend enhancements to provide benefit to the company or its customers.
- Communicate technical information verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical users
- Provide cross-functional assistance on an as needed basis to other operational areas of the company.
- Assist in troubleshooting network problems and security issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS, CS, or related discipline and 6+ years of related technical experience OR 14+ years of related technical experience.
- Related technical certifications preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with any/all of the technologies listed above.
- Knowledge of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS solutions a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory, and scripting languages (PowerShell, REST API, etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning a plus.