Category : IT Developer - Java
Location/City : MA - Northampton
Our client is looking for a software developer to join their expanding engineering team and contribute to their line of software applications for the media distribution and broadcast industry. This includes designing, implementing, testing, documenting, and maintaining products they build on object oriented and procedural language platforms.
They are a small team of engineers committed to building dependable and scalable solutions that support their client’s continuously expanding businesses. They are looking for self-motivated individuals that love to challenge themselves and thrive on continuously improving everything they encounter. Their team is built on sharing knowledge, empowering one another and building awesome products together. Their work environment is a faced-paced, risk-taking, goal driven, family oriented place and they’re seeking like-minded individuals to join the team.
- Design and develop maintainable, reliable, scalable and testable enterprise level software & service
- Collaborate within a small functional team with diverse technology backgrounds
- Assist product in conceptualizing and implementing new software features and functionality for our existing software solutions
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments
- Work with technical support, vendors and clients to identify day-to-day problems and solutions
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
About your skills
- College degree in the field of computer science, and/or 1+ years equivalent work experience.
- Development experience with object oriented and/or procedural programming language in a production environment
- Hands on experience working in an integrated development environment
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of current internet technologies such as XML and web services
- Experience and/or familiarity with platforms like GWT, Javascipt, FourJ’s and/or C#
- Experience with CI, Maven, Tomcat, Sencha and/or J Unit a plus
- Familiarity with the media/broadcast industry is preferred