Senior Reporting & Analytics Developer
Category : IT Developer - SQL
Location/City : CT - Hartford
This role serves as the Business programmer for all client, financial, and management reporting. This position owns the design, documentation, control and maintenance of all internal and external reporting. A strong comprehension of system infrastructure along with the ability to build effective solutions for various ad-hoc requests is required. This person must be seasoned and able to work directly with all levels of the organization.
This role is responsible for the design of any new reports as well as the maintenance of any existing reporting (reports and SQL stored procedures). This person will also help to transition existing reports to a new reporting system. This role is in a development team responsible for internal and external (web) applications.
- Collaborate with various function teams such as Portfolio Management, Accounting, Data Administration and IT to translate business requirements into reporting. Execute effective decisions regarding design and implementation of SQL queries, stored procedures and Crystal Reports (Business Objects Enterprise) to ensure functional and performance requirements of the end-user applications are met.
- Analyze\identify performance and data quality issues and work with IT and the DBA team to provide strategic solutions for related business processes.
- Manage and maintain reporting repository to ensure continued accuracy and relevancy for customers by staying abreast of reporting database changes or updates. Communicate to the appropriate audience and\or provide input to the technology department as it relates to the changes.
- Responsible for all administrative functions related to reporting designed to minimize risk and serve as audit controls.
- Perform other duties as assigned, such as contributing to the design and development of reporting related applications and internal systems related to reporting.
- Crystal reports expert with very strong SQL skills and performance tuning
- Experience with SAP Business Objects Enterprise
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or business degree with related technical experience
- Proven ability to provide business impact analysis
- Proven ability to troubleshoot technical and process issues
- Strategic thinker with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Investments and/or Investment Accounting, desired
- Familiarity with Client Communication and Reporting tools such as Vermillion, Varden or Coric is desirable
- Ability to problem solve and make recommendations to senior management
- Ability to prioritize workloads
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to focus on internal/external client needs and develop external vendor relationships while delivering value added service
- Strong knowledge with Excel and a working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products