Senior DBA/Database Developer
Category : IT SQL DBA
Location/City : CT - Hartford
- Design, code, test and implement complex stored procedures and database utilities
- Oracle and SQL Server database administration, management and tuning
- Develop, maintain and monitor database backup and recovery procedures
- Design, implement and administer database security
- Administer and maintain database performance, size, data and objects
- Performance tune complex database processes
- Database monitoring tool management & configuration
- DBA automation using PowerShell and DevOps
- Keep current on relevant database tools, releases and techniques.
- Install, maintain and upgrade database platforms
- Responsible for production database support including batch processing and availability.
- Provide on-call support for production databases and schedulers
- Adhere to database source control and change management standards/procedures
- Create and maintain accurate database documentation and database models
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong Oracle and SQL Server experience in a development and administration role. 6+ years SQL Server & current Oracle experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Strong experience with SQL Server replication, performance tuning, partitioning, triggers, BCP and SSIS
- Strong experience with RMAN, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and AWR/ADDM/ASM
- Appropriate technical certifications are highly desirable
- Asset management and investment accounting business knowledge are highly desired
- Successful track record developing, testing and supporting database components of business systems software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server command shell, security, active directory desired
- Working knowledge of PowerShell desired
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a team structure alongside application developers, analysts and business users.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required