Senior Data Engineer
Category : IT Data Analyst
Location/City : CT - Hartford
Our client is seeking a Senior Data Engineer contractor for a new research and analytics data platform for investment management.
The Analytic Data Engineer architects and engineers solutions associated with analytic data for the organization (Advanced Analytics & Reporting) and, working closely with the IT teams, assists with the design, build, and upkeep for these solutions. This includes creating pathways for analysts to access operational, derived, and external data sets. The incumbent is responsible for the operation of Data Platforms as they are associated with analytic data discovery.
Essential Job Functions:
Receiving some direction, work closely with IT to architect and engineer solutions to provide views for the Analytic Data Warehouse. This would include working with the proper the teams, assisting with the design, building out the design, and providing upkeep for the solution.
Assemble, test, process, and maintain the Analytic Discovery Platform for the organizations. This will include working to maintain pipelines with key analytic platforms throughout the organization.
Work with alternative analytic data systems to incorporate them into the operational data flow for end user consumptions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Architect and build key components of research data environments, working with large amounts of heterogeneous data and tackling high-impact technical challenges
- Build products that help advance business intelligence and data science
- Collaborate with front office personals and business partners
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Work with the engineering team at the company and help shape the engineering culture, values, and ways of working
Qualifications and Skills
- A strong understanding of enterprise data design and architecture with significant experience using SQL on traditional databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Demonstrated ability to build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. This is usually paired with experience using an ETL tool (Extract, Transform and Load)
- Experience working with large data sets
- Knowledge of at least one or more enterprise languages (C/C++/C#/Java) and scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBi)
- Expertise working with one or more mortgage analytics providers (1010Data, Trepp, CoStar, Xceligent, Intex, YieldBook, Barclay's Point, etc)
- Strong knowledge about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Experience of building high level data pipelines.
- Experience with Agile development
- High level of expertise with cloud platforms - Microsoft Azure ideally.
- Experience with newer data warehouses (e.g. Amazon Redshift, Azure Data lakes) a plus
- Experience working with high volume, heterogeneous data using distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra a plus
- Familiarity architecting, building, and operating large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark and Dataflow a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or in a similar field.
Seeking a consultant who is:
- A systems thinker who is naturally predisposed to connecting dots
- A scientifically-minded individual who generates hypotheses from observations, conceives creative ways to test hypotheses, presents arguments supported by data, and changes your mind based on new data
- Mission-driven and passionate about the problems raised in day to day work
- Ready to build something big and ambitious from the ground up