Category : IT - QA Tester
Location/City : CT - Hartford
Design, build, and implement automated testing plan and scripts in support of new Investment Back Office Accounting system project. Work with functional business areas, including IT, to quickly convert inventory of test cases into electronic library for designing automated test cycles. Development of testing platform needs to support both in-flight project milestones, as well as, agile methodologies for ongoing operations support with frequent code promotions.
- Communicate with users, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, identify expected results, and create effective functional test plans and automation scripts.
- Work with functional business leads and data management to insure testing results match expected results.
- Evaluate complex issues, isolate variables, and determine the best way to test a product for quick and efficient failure detection.
- Document results of testing, participating in issue tracking, and manage fixes with multi-disciplined project team. Participate on large project team focused on implementing a new investment management accounting system. Participate in meetings to represent testing support as appropriate.
- Demonstrate deliverable milestones as progress is made with test automation processes.
- Advise and train project team on quality assurance discipline and test automation techniques and processes.
- Strong experience developing test automation solutions using automation languages, tools, and frameworks like Gherkin, Cucumber, Ranorex, Selenium, and/or SpecFlow.
- Demonstrated history of a quality assurance discipline used to improve accuracy, efficiency, and quality of processes utilized from test design to test execution.
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Deployment (CD), and agile software support methodologies.
- Developing SQL (both SQL Server and Oracle on premise) for data verification and analysis.
- Understanding of application development design including API’s, desktop and web infrastructure, test driven development, and variety of data sources.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to present ideas, demonstrate work, and train others.
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Excellent organizational and observational skills with attention to detail.
- Investment management business knowledge desired but not necessary.
- Ability to deliver a high level of client satisfaction through the delivery of high quality work on a timely basis.