Project Manager - Kronos
Category : IT Project Management
Location/City : MA - Amherst
General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the Kronos IT Project Manager are to manage, lead and successfully support onboarding of campus departments onto the campus Kronos Workforce Central (SaaS) and leading the successful upgrade to the next version. This includes assisting with defining and managing project plans, configuration of the system to best utilize it via navigators, genies, etc., test planning and execution, and documentation.
Director of Applications & Compliance, Administrative Systems for Administration and Finance
Detailed Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise strategy and plan to transition additional campus departments to Kronos Workforce Central
- Coordinate and implement the upgrade of Kronos Workforce Central to version 8
- Assist Director of Applications wiht planning, documenting financial, technological, staff, and other resources necessary to achieve project goals of onboarding departments and upgrading Kronos
- Participate in the configuration, updating, testing and documentation of Kronos along with staff members from various campus departments throughout the project life cycles including the upgrade to ensure best use of the system.
- Assist with production of documentation and guides/job aids for students, employees, and departments
- Support the day to day troubleshooting of Kronos issues for existing department users when needed.
- Maintain communication and provide updates to Executive Director, Director of Applications, and campus stakeholders in a thorough and timely fashion
Qualifications Required at Hire (List knowledge, skill, abilities):
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Management, computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience with Kronos Workforce Central, preferably as a system administrator or super user
- Demonstrated competence in making sound, well-informed and objective decisions; perceives the impact and implication of decisions; commits to action, even if in uncertain situations, to accomplish organizational goals.
- More than 4 years progressive, demonstrated project management experience, IT project management preferred
- Demonstrated Project Management skills including developing detailed project plans, managing project team members, identifying and mitigating project risks, communicating project status to appropriate management levels, identifying and resolving project issues and controlling project scope and budget.
- Effective verbal and written communication competence, including demonstrated experience in presentation to diverse audiences up to executive level. Highly skilled in communicating complex technical concepts to staff and management in non-technical contexts as appropriate
- Minimum of oneyear demonstrated project management experience, IT projec management preferred.
Term of the contract would be minimum of 8 months, maximum of 12 months.
Ideally, onsite work is preferred but open to an offsite arrangement for part of the time for the right candidate. Start date would be as soon as possible.