Power BI Developer
Category : IT BI Developer
Location/City : CT - Rocky Hill
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Power BI Developer will be a key member of the Business Intelligence (BI) team. This individual will work with the technical team and business customers to understand and analyze requirements to develop and support BI solutions. The candidate must have experience designing and producing client-ready reports, dashboards and other custom programs as needed.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 3-5 years' experience working with Microsoft Power BI product suite
- Ability to visualize data and information for business units through the creation of reports and queries.
- Identify patterns in data to produce actionable analytics that may lead to data products.
- Analyze data with statistical methods, interpret results, and provide written summary.
- 5+ years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Prior experience working in data warehouse environments a plus.
- Experience with data analysis objects (reports, cubes, etc.)
- Familiar with relational database design.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Familiarity with external data sources like address certification, census records, marketing, etc.
- Serves as role model to guide peers, subordinates and superiors.
- An actuarial background would be a strong plus, but crucially you must be able to develop a system from concept, through prototype, development and delivery.
- Ability to transfer/share knowledge and mentor team members.
- Familiarity with statistical software like SAS, R, etc. is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, are required for this role.
- Prepare and make presentations on analysis to business units.
- Monitor the quality of database systems.
MUST Demonstrate familiarity and some working knowledge of e ach of the following:
- Microsoft Power BI product suite
- Data visualization
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 Analysis Services
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014 Reporting Services
- Microsoft Office 2010 or Office 2013 (focus on Excel)
- Tableau (nice to have)
- Information delivery options to end-users
- T-SQL and SQL Stored Procedure coding
- SQL Server Report Builder