Network Operations Manager
Category : IT Management
Location/City : MA - Amherst
The Network Operations Manager develops, implements, and manages technology infrastructure. This position plans, administers, and oversees the operation of enterprise networks; is responsible for ensuring the reliable and secure operation of the systems and servers; directs the IT Help Desk and performs advanced technology installations and technical support.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or certifications) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, IT, or related discipline with IT focus plus minimum of 7 years direct experience in building, supporting, maintaining IT infrastructure (servers, SANs, NASs, network connectivity, databases) for a Windows-based platform. Minimum three years experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge and experience must include:
- A minimum of four years working with computing and computing systems, including network monitoring tools and techniques, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access, wireless networking and VPNs
- Experience with multiple types of systems and applications architecture, running on multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Some combination of demonstrated knowledge and experience in Microsoft Windows Server administration, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Linux, Apache, MySQL systems administration, Novell NetWare, Citrix administration.
- VMware Workstation / Server, ESX 3.51, 4.x, 5.x, vSphere, vCenter.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange, SQL and IIS.
- Knowledge and experience of security practices and principle
- Ability to perform advanced technology problem solving and to analyze complex computer, network, and database functionality.
- Experience in customer-oriented environment. Strong organizational, written and customer service skills. Must be able to work constructively in a team environment. High energy, hands-on management and coaching abilities. Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward to successful completion and coordinate the work of others in a leadership role.
- Must be able to lift or move computer equipment or materials weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Requires participation in on-call rotation (s) in addition to occasional off-hour and weekend support for system upgrades and to resolve critical network or computing problems.