Category : IT Network Engineer
Location/City : MA - Hampden
Our client is one of the world’s leading providers of school administrative software. The company develops and markets student information system (SIS) software solutions to schools in all 50 states and over 120 countries. Their work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing.
Our client's IT department is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team. As a Network Engineer you will oversee the architecture and design of the network infrastructure and be the contact point on anything network related for troubleshooting, training, repairing, and configuration. They are looking for someone who can multi-task, has strong communication skills, very detail-oriented, and is a proactive team member. You will help to support advanced technology solutions specific to Cisco, HP, and Microsoft. Skills required to fulfill this position include the ability to communicate effectively with multiple clients and aggressively follow up on details. We need someone who can perform independently, as well as work within a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has experience with HyperV Cluster Manager, including the ability to configure, maintain, and troubleshoot a virtual environment
- Configure and support network services with extensive knowledge on network switches, routers, wireless system, Data Centers, DNS, DHCP, VPN, Group Policies, etc.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and support Windows 2012/2016 Servers, Active Directory, Azure, Office365, and SQL
- Has the ability to organize, maintain, and oversee Data Backups
- Capable of installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting routers, switches and firewalls
- Provide IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure
- Administer cloud solutions for customers
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with team on network optimization
- Has experience with IP routing protocols and the ability to load new IOS software images onto Cisco devices
- Be able to perform general wiring, cabling, and computer installation tasks
- Have basic knowledge about configuring and supporting VLANs
- Strong knowledge on Information Security including cybersecurity, intrusion prevention systems, IPS, and DLP
- Has experience with Linux with knowledge to assist in designing and supporting new and existing implementations
- Very comfortable with firewalls and security concepts, including IPSec VPN, and remote access VPNs
- Familiar with network requirements of VoIP systems on premise
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, assessment, migration and replication a plus
- Experience with Fortinet, Veeam, QNAP/NAS, HP BLADE, and Storage a plus
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- CompTIA networking certifications preferred.
- Strong experience with Cisco IOS and NX-OS technologies including configuration and troubleshooting. Cisco CCNA or CCNP work experience or certifications desired.
- Basic understanding of Windows security principles.
The candidate MUST have at least 3 years experience supporting Windows servers in a corporate environment and MUST be available to work late nights and weekends occasionally.