Category : IT Network Engineer
Location/City : MA - Agawam
Our client has a great opportunity as an Network Administrator! In this role you would be responsible for: maintaining the company computer systems, identifying the capacity issues and work toward resolution, installing new systems, maintaining updates and upgrades, and monitors network performance for highest output efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong customer focus - includes the ability to balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business as well as fostering a strong customer focus mindset
- Strong Fact Based Decision Making skills - supports decisions with data and uses data to solve problems
- Ability to Establish Plans - set clear, measureable goals, anticipating roadblocks and adjusts for problems, can accurate assess the length and difficulty of tasks
- Change Champion - able to communicate changes, remove obstacles and understand who needs to be involved in driving changes
- Strong execution skills - monitors progress to ensure achievement of goals, coordinate with other work groups
- Challenges status quo to eliminate non-value added work and continuously improve processes
- Computer skills a must, specific proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet and email.
- Must be able to read, comprehend and interpret manuals
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, practices and procedures of operation systems and telecommunication technologies
- Ability to communicate and assist a diverse workforce in the usage of hardware and software
- Fosters Teamwork - values all employees’ contributions, involving team in decisions that affect them and discourages "we" vs. "them" attitude
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Business discipline
- 3-7 years configuring and troubleshooting various programs and equipment including routers, switches and firewalls
- Must be able to lift and move computer equipment and accessories.
- Must be able to bend, squat, stretch and maneuver around awkward spaces while installing equipment.
- Travel as business need dictates (5%)
- Off hours support as required