Java Developer/Software Engineer
Category : IT Developer - Java
Location/City : MA - Cambridge
The Java Developer will work with others to develop web-based applications according to client or business owner expectations. Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, designers, and other developers. Work closely with other team members to research and develop new technological solutions.
Overview of work:
Our University is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in an innovative and dynamic development team that collaboratively develops and maintains sophisticated web-based applications and associated infrastructure in support of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences administrative departments. Key responsibilities include:
- Play a key role in executing all phases of development from planning, requirements gathering, and design to implementation, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance.
- Design, implement, and iterate end-to-end application object and data models.
- Participate in identification and resolution of systems issues.
- Understand and ensure compliance with University and industry standards for security, privacy, and accessibility.
- Support a strong team-oriented environment, working closely with product owner, project manager, developers, systems and database experts, and quality assurance team.
- Discover and apply new technologies in innovative ways to solve business and technical problems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a web application developer or software engineer in a client-centric organization.
- Expertise in application development, web application development tools, relational database technology, application server technologies and object-oriented design and implementation.
- Strong interest in the use of new technologies and tools.
- Experience with JUnit and unit testing methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration principles and implementation through source/configuration management and versioning, automated build and deployment, and integration. Experience with Jenkins, AWS, Git desired.
- Experience with Tomcat and Apache configuration and services.
- Experience with Activiti and web services, including SOAP, desired.
- Experience with additional technologies and frameworks.
- Ability to work autonomously and to manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously in an Agile team environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and across boundaries to continually improve processes, products, and services with a strong focus on quality and customer service.