Director of IT Development
Category : IT Director
Location/City : MA - Springfield
- Plans resource and infrastructure needs through formal and informal mechanisms such as budgeting and portfolio management.
- Manages the IT application assets. Assesses risk and makes recommendations for appropriate actions to avoid unexpected obsolescence or other application health issues. Defines and enforces an architecture as context for technology decisions.
- Ensures that all activities support the application-related needs by aligning priorities with the business needs.
- Creates processes and supporting metrics to ensure efficiency and quality of application development implementation and maintenance.
- Provides technical leadership by assessing the current external IT environment as it relates to healthcare and making recommendations that give the company competitive advantage.
- Provides leadership and direction to department staff; establishes annual performance objectives and evaluates performance; identifies future and current skills needs and creates appropriate developmental activities.
- Supports the Director of IT Operations in coordinating long-term hardware and system software needs.
- Interacts with parent company stakeholders to coordinate IT strategies and to identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Experience with health care insurance, health care providers or health care vendor organizations is preferred.
- Experience with and ability to recommend a framework for application portfolio management including demand management.
- Experience with and ability to Implement a framework of metrics for productivity and quality
- Experience managing third party vendors and contracts.
- Analytic, quick learner, self-starter, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, project management skills, and driven to achieve quality and customer satisfaction.
- Is quickly able to assess impacts of technology and is able to contribute to discussions about technology implications of alternatives. Is able to make high level estimates during planning discussions.
- Possesses, or is easily able to acquire an understanding of the business being supported. Views challenges, opportunities, and proposed actions through the business’ eyes, rather than just from a technology perspective.
- Possesses a "common sense" approach to business problem solving, and is careful to avoid over-engineering technology solutions.
- Effective in spotting and grooming talent, as well as identifying and addressing performance weaknesses. Treats staff with trust and respect.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in balancing the diverse interests of various customers.
- Able to communicate with business clients in language they can understand. Effective at translating complex and/or technical issues into layman’s terms. Is articulate and able to communicate in a compelling manner with customers, peers, and staff.
- Ability to identify and implement software development best practices.
- Able to distill complex issues into a set of more easily understood key decisions. Gathers intelligence to provide insight for judgments.
- Able to effectively influence staff not reporting directly or indirectly to this position.
- Able to engage staff members to solve problems, create estimates and recommend solutions.
- Able to quickly plan and communicate "what by when".