Category : IT Developer - Java
Location/City : MA - Pittsfield
You will play a leading role in helping to move our engineering team to a fully continuous process, from integration to deployment. You will implement solutions to manage and monitor our growing platform. You’ll also create systems and tools to help the engineering team understand how their code is performing in production and play a supportive role when issues arise.
Who We’re Seeking
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to lead our efforts in continuous development, integration, testing, deployment and monitoring. As Kelsey Hightower put it, we are looking for someone to be the "Special Forces" member within our organization. This person can combine both business and technical skills to help drive performance within our engineering team and platform infrastructure.
* Design and develop a highly agile infrastructure for continuous and phased deployments.
* Research and develop solutions for infrastructure monitoring and alarming.
* Research and develop new approaches to establish software engineering best practices across teams.
* Continuous improvement and iteration of our process. We continually evaluate how we work, the tools we use, and what we are doing to optimize for ourselves, our users and the whole company.
* Be a creative problem solver, who is passionate about innovation and customer experience.
* B.S. in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Experience with build/configuration management using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet/Chef and/or equivalent.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS).
* Experience with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, RDS) and SQL.
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
* Strong troubleshooting skills.