Database System Administrator
Category : IT Data Management
Location/City : MA - Amherst
Under the general direction of the Administrative Infrastructure Database Manager, has primary responsibility for the reliable and secure operation of the University's PeopleSoft software, Oracle database, and related software components underlying the PeopleSoft Student Administration software and other administrative information systems.
- Assist in the planning, implementation and management of Oracle database on Windows and Linux operating systems; various technologies and tools as necessary and internet related protocols.
- Experience in Unix, Linux and windows scripting. Writes scripts to maintain systems with Power Shell, VB Scripts, and Batch as needed. Exposure to scripting such as Puppet and Ansible.
- 3+ years of Database Systems Administrator experience supporting a three tiered IT Infrastructure (web, application, and database)
- Facilitate operating system software installations, updates and upgrades. Troubleshoot system-related problems and issues and work with vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Analyze and resolve network and software communication problems using diagnostic software and technical troubleshooting processes.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Applicant must possess well-developed communication and customer service skills.
3-6 Month Temporary Position