Data and Integration Architect
Category : IT Data Architect
Location/City : MA - Northampton
Responsible for data and application integration.
Ensure all data assets of the college have a clear system of record and appropriate integration points coordinated throughout internal and external systems.
Manage the flow of information between departments through on-premise databases, hosted systems and interfaces.
Maintain data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy and decommissioning shadow systems.
Provide secure access to information as needed by business users.
Stay informed of the ways the organization uses its data and identify opportunities for streamlining data processes.
Serve in a technical leadership role in defining the direction and implementation of major data-related projects in Administrative Technology and Information Technology Services. Duties may include but not limited to:
- Establish, define, maintain and communicate data integration architecture guidelines, standards, and best practices across the college.
- Collaborate with applications analysts, database administrators, data subject matter experts and other technical and business colleagues to define and implement effective data integration solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps and investment plans for the evolution of the enterprise data integration platforms and technologies.
- Document and evaluate data integration architectures and participate in technical development, enhancement, administration, standards compliance, and testing for data integration projects.
- Review existing applications and proposed new projects to clearly establish the system of record and build effective data flows across the technical ecosystem.
- Review and remediate existing applications; provide design and development support for new applications, including conceptual, logical and physical data models, ETL and data movement, data replication, data distribution, and core enterprise data integrations from systems and applications that interface with core systems of record.
- Design/re-design and develop data integrations between on-premise and cloud hosted solutions (e.g. Salesforce CRM).
- Educate and advise colleagues and partners on advancements in data integration
- Maintain robust awareness of the evolving data integration field, with a particular focus on iPaaS (integration Platform as a Service) approaches .
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree, plus a minimum of five years' experience architecting and developing large-scale and complex data systems. At least three large projects of progressively increasing responsibility or an equivalent combination of education/experience. Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing and documentation. Significant study in information technology,
computer science, data science or related field preferred but not required. Higher Education experience is a bonus.
Skills: Strong hands-on experience with data modeling concepts and tools. Experience in the authoring and delivering data architecture artifacts including data models, data flows and data mappings. Solid design and development background in ETL, DW, BI and data migration projects. Knowledge of software engineering concepts (requirements, management, development models, testing and documentation) and project management. Familiarity with calling SOAP and REST APIs and interacting with xml and json. Experience with Cognos or similar data modeling tools preferred. Experience with Oracle is a plus. Must be able to multitask and manage both long and short-term projects. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in a dynamic team environment. Strong tenacity and ability to overcome barriers due to technology, process, or people. Strong customer and user experience focus with the ability to manage complexity and ambiguity.
All successful ITS staff are known for effectively applied expertise, thoughtful attention to detail, timely and appropriately calibrated follow-up, proactive and constructive problem-solving, openness to new approaches, and for building effective partnerships and trust within ITS, across the organization and (where relevant) with external partners.