Category : IT Data Analyst
Location/City : MA - Agawam
This role represents a critical component of the growth strategy for our client's Data Management Office. This exciting position will contribute to the overall success of the team through leading the development of effective processes to:
- automate and strengthen data management standards and controls
- provide data remediation, issue management and analysis leadership
- develop data driven capabilities used to deliver business insights rooted in data analysis
The Sr. Data Analyst will work both independently and collaboratively across the company with technical leaders and business stakeholders to facilitate understanding of business needs and data requirements, formulate data strategies with the Product Manager and lead execution, resolution and support for data issue remediation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as the main point of contact for resolution and management of data issues and provides structured approach to coordinate and resolve data issues as well as communication of status to various stakeholders.
- Coordinate root cause analysis and remediation plans for data issues/conduct data requirements sessions with stakeholders. This includes gathering and interpreting data requirements, research and analysis, business design, data mapping, partnering with business and technology stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Understanding and use of the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions, implements data governance procedures and policies. Evaluate processes for gaps and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Provide structured approach to elicit requirements for data management deliverables and act as main point of contact for business and project teams for data requirements.
- Translate overall business requirements into data requirements and provide inputs to detail design solutions that satisfy stakeholder needs and continually exploring and assessing options for value-add
- Coordinate work effort required on aligning the Data Management Office and Association Partners deliverables and clarify requirements with stakeholders and manage scope expectations
Relationships & Communication:
- Build partnerships - positively and skillfully influences peers, colleagues, leaders and business partners to collaborate and deliver consistent quality results.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Collaborates with project teams and other stakeholders across the organization
Education: (HS Diploma, Under/Graduate Degree, etc.) BA / BS or Equivalent Experience
Experience (prior years' work/related experience):
- 7 or more years' experience as a BA on a range of projects (preferably data related projects)
- 3 - 5 years' experience in data management, data governance, data modeling and data operations implementation
- Requirements Analysis. Requirements Elicitation/Management/ Documentation skills
- Knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence/rules design concepts and toolsets
- Preferable but not required
a. Proficient knowledge of functional and control areas in financial services
b. Solid understanding of front-to-back data flows and processing in financial services
Technical Qualifications & Skills
Microsoft Office suite software skills (Excel, Access, Word, SharePoint, One Note, Project)