CRM Architect and Solutions Manager
Category : IT - Salesforce Developer
Location/City : MA - Northampton
The CRM Solution Architect and Solutions and Analysis Team Manager provides CRM functional expertise and client and team management to the CRM program through the design, delivery, operation, and improvement of Salesforce.com projects and applications, and the technical and business processes related to those applications. In doing this, this Architect/Manager may elicit customer requirements, analyze business and technical processes, provide technical support and guidance, and facilitate problem identification and solutions and may also establish guidelines and standards for new campus applications/services.
The person in this role is also a CRM subject-matter expert and client manager for our clients centrally-managed Salesforce.com(SFDC)/CRM service and may serve as a principal consultant and/or supervise a team.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- CRM business solution architecture and team management with primary responsibility for Salesforce.com/CRM business solutions team for both projects and on-going production including:
- Subject-matter expert and team mentor for the SFDC/CRM service, including both core functionality and all related applications and integrations.
- Manage CRM staff including hiring, performance management, empowerment, and ensuring resource/training needs are met.
- Delivery of CRM Solutions through management and coaching of CRM business analysts and solution architects on such functions as:
- Working with end users to understand and document their needs as business requirements, use cases, and user stories.
- Translating user needs into technical specifications for configuration of Salesforce.com and related applications.
- Developing integrations and applications.
- Designing CRM solutions and applications.
- Work with CRM developers on solutions requiring coding and development.
- Functional tests of user stories of solutions.
- Working with CRM Operations, hand off regression, integration and UAT testing as well as solutions for deployment, cut-over and support.
- Troubleshoot bugs and user issues.
- Recommend use, acquisition, and phase out of technology in the CRM software stack.
- Plan and evolve system capacity and architecture requirements.
- Working with CU Enterprise Technical Architect and CRM Business Architect, establish an enterprise architecture stack that includes the CRM system and its functions.
- Create, standardize, and govern "best fit for purpose" guidelines for the CRM system.
- Identify, recommend, and execute changes to business and technical processes, configuration, and other aspects of the Salesforce.com/CRM service.
- Advanced technical support for Salesforce.com-related services and to users experiencing issues with Salesforce.com/CRM and other administrative systems services.
- Service documentation and knowledge transfer including development and maintenance of Salesforce.com/CRM service documentation.
What We Require
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field.
- A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year for year basis.
- Seven years of experience as a business or technical analyst or consultant, of which at least three include supervising project or department staff.
- Four years of professional experience in Salesforce.com/CRM.
What You Will Need
- Personal, organizational and communication skills necessary to provide excellent customer service in resolving highly technical issues in a higher education setting.
- Ability to appropriately interact with campus-wide information technologists and end users, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive to ensure proper availability of systems/services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Salesforce.com certification, including administrative certification (ADM201) and/or Sales Cloud/Service Cloud consulting certification.
- CRM Consulting Firm experience.
- Experience with event management platform implementation and service operations.
- Experience working with data structures and data modeling.
- Experience with Data Loader/Demand Tools.
- Salesforce.com Communities experience.