Business Systems Analyst
Category : Business Analyst
Location/City : MA - Boston
Supports IT development projects or operations by performing system configuration, development of technical documentation and presentation materials. Engages in user outreach, issues management, research, peer and best practices benchmarking, user provisioning, and end user training. Provides Tier One and Tier Two production support, including customer communication, troubleshooting, researching and recommending resolution options, following standard procedures and processes according to established service levels. Interviews key stakeholders and end users to analyze business processes and systems needs. Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications. Captures use cases, user stories and conceptual process models. Meets with customers to field direct requests, discuss requirements and collaborate on solution design including business process and policy related matters where applicable. Works with the technical team to make sure that requirements are well understood as part of the software development lifecycle e.g., requirements review, turnover, signoff. Develop test scripts and executes testing to ensure new products, enhancements, bug fixes, and patches function as expected and without introducing regression issues. Provide functional support during project release go lives, which may include occasional evening or weekend work. Assist with general administration, special projects, and performs other related job duties as needed. The ideal candidate must demonstrate keen problem solving troubleshooting ability, business systems savvy, and attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of the HBS Analytics Program, you will collaborate with internal colleagues to provide insights that drive business decisions for school. This role reports directly to the school's Analytics Program Manager.
Candidates should have business acumen, strong analytical skills, a data-driven mindset and the aptitude to present a compelling story about business or product performance and trends through qualitative and quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate is an analyst who can ‘talk techie.’
Primary responsibilities include:
* Producing and presenting reports, dashboards and visualizations for a variety of stakeholders.
* Providing ad hoc analysis as needed.
* Analyzing data to identify and explain insights or recommendations for improvements.
* Advising on ways to integrate data sets from multiple sources (via API, data connectors, etc.).
* Helping to develop analytics requirements, tagging approach and measurement strategy for digital initiatives based on business goals and objectives.
* Ensuring analytics data quality.
* Optimizing and facilitating data collection and reporting capabilities.
* Proactively thinking about and identifying ways to leverage analytics data to help the business.
* Communicating with business owners, marketing teams and technical teams.
* Understanding and evaluating new analytics features and technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in business, market research, data science, statistics, computer science or a related field and/or at least five years of relevant data analytics or similar experience. Advanced proficiency using standard analytics tools (Adobe Analytics is preferred) and Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint is required.
* Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Tableau is desirable.
* Understanding of basic statistical analyses and market research methodologies.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple ongoing projects.
* Compelling storyteller with strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Intellectually curious with a passion for solving problems and improving the customer experience.
* Comfortable working and learning independently.
Schedule: Up to 14 hours per week for 3 months, with possibility of an extension.
Pay Rate: $35-$55/hour