Business Intelligence Developer
Category : IT Business Intelligence
Location/City : CT - Rocky Hill
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY
The Business Intelligence Developer is charged to consult with the customer and technical team to understand and analyze desired results in order to develop business intelligence solutions. They will translate the customer needs to design and implement client-ready reports, dashboards, and other custom programs as needed.
- Analyze customer needs to develop and implement strategies for building solutions. Participate in all Business Intelligence activities related to data warehouse, ETL and report development methodology.
- Design, develop, and support ETL jobs for Data Warehousing efforts.
- Participate in the systems development process including but not limited to
- Plan and monitor system development efforts;
- Coordinate activities with other internal business teams and/or individuals in order to deliver;
- Review deliverables and communicate progress status to management.
- Analyze and propose solutions to complex problems utilizing business and technical knowledge.
- Support current systems by solving reporting issues and implementing process improvements.
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to transfer/share knowledge and mentor team members.
- Bachelor Degree or Associates Degree in Information Technology or the equivalent in related work experience.
- 10+ years’ of experience in information technology.
- 7+ years’ of experience with SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft SQL Server and its data warehouse environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with Power BI
- 3+ years of experience in design and implementation of data analysis objects (reports, cubes, etc) and in relational database design.
- Proficient in performance tuning data warehouse systems.
- A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate critical analysis skills and an understanding of the BI and Data Warehouse operating environments.
MUST Demonstrate familiarity and some working knowledge of each of the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016 Analysis Services and the entire Decision Support Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016 Reporting Services
- Dimensional modeling
- ETL Design and Implementation
- Functional and Technical Design
- Information delivery options to end-users
- SQL Stored Procedure coding
- Power BI
- SSRS / SSIS
- Power BI Report Server