Category : IT Business Analyst
Location/City : MA - Hampden
Our client is looking to grow it's business analytics capabilities and is seeking an experienced Business Analyst professional to join their team. Duties include review, analysis and evaluation of business systems and user needs. They are also expected to document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.They will act as the key interface between the users and the project manager as they gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with users.
They are one of the world's leading providers of school administrative software and are an employer of choice within the Western Massachusetts tech community. Located in beautiful Hampden, Massachusetts, their company develops and markets student information system (SIS) software solutions to schools in all 50 states and over 120 countries. Their work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and ever-changing (they're a smoke-free workplace too!)
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Provide analysis on and assessment of current business process and performance to help facilitate data driven decisions
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies
- Utilize industry best practices to visualize and effectively communicate your insights to cross-functional team members and management in a way that transforms it into actionable information to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Agile Software Development Experience
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive
- Ability to work independently and with others