BI Platform and Data Engineer
Category : IT BI Developer
Location/City : MA - Northampton
This role will design, create and maintain the platform supporting the delivery of enterprise-wide Business Intelligence (BI) solutions. The platform includes the following Azure resources: SQL Server, Azure Virtual Servers, SSAS, SSIS, Data Factory.
Primary responsibilities include applying data warehouse (DW) and business intelligence expertise to incorporate actionable information into clinical, operational and billing practices. Working with the Informatics team to incorporate new and changing requirements into the existing BI solution. Developing BI expertise within the business; promoting the adoption of BI analytical solutions, concepts, and tools.
BI Solution Development & Deployment:
- Develop multidimensional and SQL data warehouse semantic layer
- Design and creates data integration solutions in support of Data Warehouse and Cube build processes
- Configure BI Tools, troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance
- Customize BI tools to meet business requirements
- Ability to manage, migrate and upgrade existing/new BI software packages.
BI Standardization & Support:
- Standardize use of BI tools and semantic layers throughout the organization
- Provide repository of best practices on how to configure and use BI tools for more productivity
- Provide first-line support to the business users
- Investigate new technologies and research ongoing industry developments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or MIS.
- 8+ years of overall experience in Information Technology of which 3-5 years in roles with primary focus in the areas of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence using the Microsoft BI toolkit
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- DAX, and SQL Languages
- Dimensional Modelling experience (Kimball methodology)
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Server, Power BI)
- Excel Services, Pivot Tables and Power Pivot
- Master Data Services (MDS)
- Visual Studio 2017/19
- SQL Server 201x Administration
- Microsoft Azure and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of BI best practices and methodologies (Star/Snowflake schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Agile, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL as well as relational and multidimensional designs
- Proven analytical skills focused on providing timely, feasible, and effective business solutions
- Ability to work with associates on a team under the supervision of a leader or independently as necessary
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships across functional areas
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to other team members while handling higher level tasks
- Ability to learn and adapt in an evolving technology landscape and streamline/standardize use of technology
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service, data quality, and project management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment