Category : IT BI Developer
Location/City : MA - Northampton
BI Architect Job description
This role will partner with key leaders and analysts within the organization to design and deploy enterprise-wide Business Intelligence (BI) solutions that empower various teams with actionable information which results in improved clinical and business performance.
Primary responsibilities include applying data warehouse (DW) and business intelligence expertise to incorporate actionable information into clinical, operational and billing practices. Working with the Informatics team to incorporate new and changing requirements into the existing BI solution. Developing BI expertise within the business; promoting the adoption of BI analytical solutions, concepts, and tools.
BI Requirements Gathering:
- Works with end users and business analysts to ensure fit between the BI environment and requirements
- Translation of questions into information requirements, views, and BI query objects
- Prototype BI solutions to validate requirements and data quality profiles.
BI Solution Development & Deployment:
- Develop tabular, multidimensional and SQL data warehouse semantic layer
- Create Role Based KPI's, scorecards, dashboard, reports, templates, and analytics views
- Design and creates data integration solutions in support of Data Warehouse and Cube build processes
- Configure BI Tools, troubleshoots BI tool problems and tunes for performance
- Customize BI tools to meet business requirements
- Ability to manage, migrate and upgrade existing/new BI s software packages.
BI Standardization & Support:
- Standardize use of BI tools and semantic layers throughout the organization
- Provide repository of best practices on how to configure and use BI tools for more productivity
- Create and deliver end-user training and documentation
- Provide first-line support to the business users
- Develop and manage BI training, documentation, and support capabilities
- Investigate new technologies and research ongoing industry developments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or MIS.
- 8+ years of overall experience in Information Technology of which 3-5 years in roles with primary focus in the areas of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence using the Microsoft BI toolkit
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Demonstrated knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- DAX, MDX, and SQL Languages
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Server 2016, Power BI, Azure)
- Excel Services, Pivot Tables and Power Pivot
- Master Data Services (MDS)
- Visual Studio 2016+
- SQL Server 201x Administration
- Microsoft Azure and cloud platforms, including Data Factory
- SharePoint Online and/or 2010-2013 experience
- Knowledge of BI best practices and methodologies (Star/Snowflake schema, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Agile, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL as well as relational and multidimensional designs
- Proven analytical skills focused on providing timely, feasible, and effective business solutions
- Ability to represent the department and the company in a professional manner
- Ability to work with associates on a team under the supervision of a leader or independently as necessary
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships across functional areas
- Ability to provide guidance and assistance to other team members while handling higher level tasks
- Ability to sell business solutions and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to learn and adapt in an evolving technology landscape and streamline/standardize use of technology
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service, data quality, and project management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and thrive in a constantly changing business environment