Category : IT Software Development
Location/City : MA - Springfield
Our client's team is dedicated to a culture of growth that enables engaged and high-performing professionals to be empowered to deliver their mission and vision.
They are a group of folks devoted to providing service that exceeds the expecatations of who they serve and love to find ways to improve product delivery and value.
They offer a compelling compensation package and benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401k, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and a business casual dress code.
Job Summary: The Application Developer will provide technical expertise to support the development, monitoring, and troubleshooting of all applications developed by the Application Development Team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or other technical field of study
* 1 - 3 years of experience in the insurance industry
* QA Complete/QC/ALM software experience a significant plus
* Experience with SDLC methodologies
* Experience with Agile Development
* Experience with DevOps is a plus
* Skilled in .NET, XML, Web Services, MS SQL Server, SSRS, HTML5
* Knowledge of MS Visual Studio ’15+ & SQL Server ‘14+ is required
* Knowledge of C#, T-SQL, DTSX Packages, and API code writing and modification
* Ability to read and write C# & T-SQL code to patch existing systems
* Knowledge of ETL/ESB tools a significant plus
* Experience with API and Web Service Calls preferred
* MS SharePoint experience a plus
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Communicates status with manager, customers, during the development process
* Provides input to meeting customer needs by identifying potential technology solutions.
* Can estimate level of effort and duration for his or her IT work
* Creates code that is stable, efficient and reusable
* Working knowledge of error handling & notifications within your application code
* Participate in testing processes (IT/Unit Testing)
* Perform all functions of development, documentation, testing, maintenance, and support for all relevant projects.
* Work with stakeholders and teams to implement, monitor, and create a finished product
* Quickly learn new concepts and new technology (including internal and 3rd party API integration)
* Ability to read business requirements and write detailed technical documentation to help facilitate the writing of development applications
* Ability to work in an application team with developers at different office locations
* Create and maintain technical documentation
* Passion for learning new tools and technologies
* Follow and refine best practices for the IT department
* Work on multiple projects with multiple responsibilities
* Perform other duties as required by your supervisor