Location/City : MA - Amherst
The Applications Analyst analyzes, develops, deploys, administers and supports information systems and related technology to support core business and organizational functions.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in an information technology related field, with 4 years experience in systems and database administration, application design, analysis and/or computer applications support or equivalent combination of education and training in an information technology related field with 6 years experience in systems and database administration, application design, analysis and/or computer applications support.
- Working technical knowledge in relevant programming language. Moderate knowledge of SQL; knowledge and experience with relational databases and web applications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with desktop applications and networking. Demonstrated experience in coding, testing and debugging reports using end-user reporting tools.
- Must possess strong customer service, communication, critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills to include the ability to apply knowledge acquired in other circumstances. Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a multiple priority environment. Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, in an environment with changing priorities.
- Requires some off hour and weekend response to meet deadlines, for system upgrades, to resolve critical problems, and for high profile business operations.
- Understands responsibilities with respect to conflicts of interest and behaves in ways consistent both with law and with policy.
- Contributes toward creating a positive and respectful workplace defined by personal and professional competence, integrity, and collaboration.
- Understands and contributes to implementation of departmental and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a respectful, inclusive environment that is supportive of diversity.
- Uses access to sensitive and/or not yet public information only in the performance of the responsibilities of position and exercises care to prevent unnecessary disclosure to others.
- Familiarity with enterprise systems such as Kronos, Micros, CSGold, Delphi